What is a cultural plan?
A cultural plan helps to:
- articulate the shared cultural values and aspirations of a community
- define a shared vision for the future, identifying how a city can become an even stronger and more vibrant cultural place
- identify the cultural strengths and improvement opportunities for a city.
- guide decision making regarding the future allocation of cultural and art resources
- encourage broad community ownership of the role of furthering the cultural growth of a city.
Why is a cultural plan important for Mount Gambier?
Over the years, Mount Gambier has affectionately become known as the Blue Lake City - a place with renowned natural assets and unique beauty. But who are we as a community? What do we value about the lifestyle that our City offers us? What makes us unique? What are our cultural strengths and, as a result, what are our opportunities?
The Cultural and Heritage Plan will not only articulate our strengths as a creative community, but will become a blueprint on how we can grow and evolve our City to become an even stronger and more vibrant cultural place.
How can I have input into the development of the plan?
Council will be delivering a range of workshops throughout the consultation period for the Cultural Plan. These workshops will identify the vision for the plan and further explore a range of themes that are identified throughout consultation.
Outside of our workshops, feedback from our community will be gathered in a range of ways, including through Have Your Say Mount Gambier, 1-1 interviews and feedback boards located throughout the City and feedback cards collected from a variety of locations throughout Mount Gambier.
If you would like to share your ideas with a member of the team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Ph. 8721 2596.